About this event:
“Ideas today you can use in your classroom tomorrow.”
January 17-18, 2019 at NIU, DeKalb, IL
Calling all educators! Join us for two full days of learning about Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics (STEAM). You will explore innovative ways to STEAM up your classroom, no matter your grade level or content area.
• $99 per day, $125 per day (On or after Dec. 1)
• Two day special if you register for both days $195
What to expect?
You will experience interactive lessons, learn about aligning STEAM to standards, network, and attend idea-sharing sessions, and discover learning resources for engaging your students through STEAM. Breakfast and Lunch is provided with your daily registration. PDH are also available.
Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m
Join us at 8:30 for a continental breakfast and Keynote presentation. Watch this space for our exciting Keynote announcement coming soon.
In the morning and afternoon you can attend a wide range of one-hour breakout sessions.
Breakout sessions include:
• How to create literature inspired STEAM mini-activities
• Teaching with infographics
• Designing engineering challenges
• Makerspace activities
• Using the design cycle across the curriculum
• Engaging the community through STEAM programs
• Blogging in the classroom
• Using fiction to teach computational thinking
• STEAM and picture books for all ages
• Making career connections
• Building growth and Persistence through Failure-based learning
• and more!
Friday, Jan. 18, 2019, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Dig deeper on Friday with two-hour workshops throughout the morning followed by a lunch and interactive teacher panel. Breakfast and networking start at 8:30 with workshops beginning at 9:00.
During lunch, you will hear from a group of teachers who have successfully launched STEAM programs in their schools.
Workshop topics include:
• Introduction to Project-based learning for all grade levels
• Creating videos with your students
• Implementing STEM Read programming at your school
• Creating Standards-based STEAM lessons
• Creating Digital Visual Poetry
• Augmented and Visual Reality in the STEAM Classroom
• and more!