About this event:
NAMI Family Support Groups
If you have a family member or loved one who is living with a mental illness, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) offers free support groups, currently meeting at Kishwaukee Hospital in DeKalb on the following Mondays from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.:
- August 27, 2018 (Conference room 1 + 2)
- September 24, 2018 (Conference room 1 + 2)
- October 22, 2018 (Conference room 1 + 2)
- November 26, 2018 (Conference room 1 + 2)
- December 17, 2018 (Conference room 5)
No Registration Necessary. Drop in to any of the groups.
Contact for Questions:
Reema Oliver, LSW
Family Resource Developer
815-756-4875 x 242
Ben Gordon Center
12 Health Services Dr.
DeKalb IL 60115
NAMI Family Support Groups are peer-led support groups for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones (18+) of individuals living with mental illness
- Led by family members of individuals living with mental illness
- No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard, and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit through other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and learn now to identify local resources and how to use them.