STEM Café: Frankenstein's Legacy
About this event :
STEM Café: Frankenstein’s Legacy: The Past, Present, and Future of Anatomy and Synthetic Biology
To celebrate the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, we will engage in a lively discussion about dead bodies and body parts. Hear how scientific quests for knowledge led to grave robbing and even murder right here in DeKalb County. Learn how ethical practices in body procurement and preservation have advanced modern medicine. Find out how scientists are applying this knowledge to engineer and fabricate body parts. Join our experts in a bone-chilling evening of discovery.
• Clint Cargile, historian.
• Dan Olson, director of anatomy laboratory, instructor of anatomy.
• Sam Finch, funeral director.
• Mary McGinn, instructor of Biological Sciences.
• Sahar Vahabzadeh, assistant professor of Mechanical Engineering.
This event is free and open to the public. Food and drink available for purchase.
Your host : ewlnx