Public Paranormal Events
About this event :
The Midwest Ghost Society is a paranormal research and investigation group based out of Plano, Illinois established in 2010. They have been actively investigating as a team since that time. The team investigates using the scientific method of investigation. They have investigated in many states including Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri and Iowa.
Event Description – This event is a guided public investigation. Midwest Ghost Society members will be on hand with equipment and knowledge to help guide your investigation. After a brief introduction and check in upon arrival we will be splitting into groups and exploring the opera house together. We run real evp sessions and demonstrate basic paranormal investigation equipment. Group members will be with you to answer questions and help guide your sessions.
- Arrival time for check in is between 8-8:30 p.m. After that, the doors are locked! Don’t be late.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to attend alone. Ages 13 and up will be permitted with a parent, both must purchase a ticket.
- All ticket sales are final; no refunds will be issued due to non attendance. A large part of the ticket sales goes directly to the opera house to help keep this historic building running. Refunds will not be allowed for any reasons.
- Any person leaving during the investigation will not be permitted to re-enter the building.
- During each session you must stay within sight of your tour guide in the assigned area, anyone wandering off alone freely will be asked to leave the building.
- Midwest Ghost Society members or Sandwich Opera House employees present reserve the right to ask any person attending a public investigation to leave the building if they are found to be breaking rules, are disrespectful or are otherwise interrupting the investigation in anyway. You will not be refunded your ticket cost.
- Camcorders, Cameras, Digital voice recorders are permitted. Midwest Ghost Society and the Sandwich Opera house are not responsible for your equipment in the event of lost or stolen items.
- Phones or other mobile devices are not permitted to be used during the investigation, other than for photographs. Anyone found texting or accepting phone calls during investigation or otherwise being disruptive with a mobile device will be asked to leave. You may use them on designated break times.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building; you may step outside during designated break times to do so.
- Drinks/food are only permitted in the designated break room area.
- We would like to make sure all attendees enjoy their investigation time in each area. For this reason we ask that you refrain from loud laughter and disruptive behavior during sessions to avoid noise contamination. We also ask that all attendees are respectful to their tour guides and one another.
- Skeptics are welcome as long as you are able to be present with a good attitude as not to hinder your group’s experience.
Your host : Stephen Haberkorn