About this event:
Local Author Fair
April 11 @ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Joins us for an evening at The Sycamore Public Library as we proudly showcase local authors. Authors will be on hand to discuss and sell their books. Short readings will also take place. No registration required. Open to all.
- In The Spotlight, A Family Name
- Liz Botts was born, raised, and still lives in northern Illinois with her husband and three small children (two boys and a baby girl). When not writing, she enjoys reading, sewing, trying new recipes, and hanging with her kids. She is proud to pass her love of stories on to her children, and makes several trips to the library each week. After working with teenagers for several years, she decided to write stories about them instead.
- Seven-Sided Spy
- “Hannah Carmack is a recent graduate of Northern Illinois University. She enjoys volunteer work and spends most of her time with the organization STEM Read, connecting authors and reluctant readers through hands-on STEM activities. Her debut novel Seven-Sided Spy was released January 2018.”
- You Won’t Be Coming Back, What Happened to The Rest Of Us
- Beverly Finn was born in a log cabin over seven decades ago and grew up in poverty with eight siblings at the edge of the small village of Cadott, Wisconsin. Taken out of her home at the age of 16 with no warning, to be moved to a foster home, she completed college in River Falls, Wisconsin and did her graduate work at N.I.U. in DeKalb, Il. In addition to raising four sons, she worked over a period of nearly fifty years as a Speech-Language Pathologist and still works part time occasionally. She lives with her husband, Gene, in Sycamore, Il.
- Shepherd & the Professor
- Dan Klefstad is the author of Shepherd & the Professor, a novel, and a growing number of stories about mortals who work for a vampire named Fiona. He also interviews other authors for NPR/WNIJ’s “Read With Me” series.
- Tales of a Substitute Teacher, Volume 1: There is a Witch’s Brew in Room 22, Tales of a Substitute Teacher, Volume 2: A Magician’s Tricks Take Over Room 6
- Sheri Powrozek is a wife and mother of two children, residing in Burlington, IL. She has a bachelor’s degree in Journalism from Northeastern University. Between the years of 2014-2016 she was a substitute teacher for District 301 schools. During this time, she took insight and inspiration to create her first book series, Tales of a Substitute Teacher. In volume 1: There is a Witch’s Brew in Room 22, Sheri plays of the perceptions that students often acquire when having a “stranger” in their classroom. Changing their daily routine can be scary and off-putting, creating anxiety. Tales of a Substitute Teacher is a charming, light-hearted chapter book that provides a positive message in each book about judgment and acceptance, while also teaching them to keep an open mind. It provides a little mystery and humor to the reader, while also staying relevant to their every day. In Sheri’s newly released book, volume 2: A Magician’s Tricks Take Over Room 6, there’s a magical aspect to the story, capturing the reader with a new tale and teaching them a lesson about confidence and being unique. Sheri loves to share her story, inspiring kids to read and write.
- Wisconsin River of Grace, Neighbor As Yourself: Midwest Essays, Poems, Etcetera, Winter is Scissors: Thirty-One, Small, Daily Readings for Winter, Elephant Does Not Start with ‘R’ (activity book)
- Kyle L. White is an author, illustrator, & speaker. His first book of essays, Wisconsin River of Grace (2009; Cornerstone Press), was featured in Northern Public Radio’s 2012 Winter Book Series. Neighbor as Yourself (2016), is featured in Northern Public Radio’s 2018 “Read With Me Series. His latest book, Winter is Scissors (2018), provides thirty-one, small, daily readings for winter. He has been a featured speaker at the Sterling North Book & Film Festival, and the Northern Illinois Big 12 Literary Festival. Pining for Wisconsin, White resides in northern Illinois with his family. For more information: KyleWhiteInk.com
Deacon Mike Zibrun
- Timeless Advice…just like in the old days!
- 20 year Owner of S. Michael Associates, Mike Zibrun had a 45 year career in Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. He authored 2 books for the business community which were best sellers, and he personally trained over 150,000 folks at 800 companies B2B in his career. He’s received numerous associations’ recognitions. Married to his best friend Carol Ann. He and his children call Sycamore home.